Viña Caliterra - Caliterra Tributo Malbec 'Pétreo' 2015
Viña Caliterra - Caliterra Tributo Malbec 'Pétreo' 2015 (86 tsomw points)
The Caliterra Winery is located in the Colchagua Valley. That lies 200 kilometers south of the capital Santiago de Chile and more than 60 kilometers inland. The vineyards are at a height of around 150 meters. The wine is a project of the Chilean wine entrepreneur Eduardo Chadwick, who is a direct descendant of the wine pioneer Don Maximiano Errázuriz.
The grapes for the Caliterra Tributo Malbec 'Pétreo' 2015 come from the vineyards of Maitenes in the Colchagua-daL. The vines are around twelve years old. The wine consists 100% of the grape variety malbec. It is fermented for 44% in stainless steel tanks and 54% in used barriques from French oak. The fermentation takes 15 to 20 days and takes place at a temperature of around 25 degrees. The upbringing lasts 18 months, with 88% of the wine maturing in French barriques of second and third passages. The bottom line is the remaining 12% that ripens in large Spanish earthenware amphoras.
A Malbec from Chile!
In the glass a ruby red color with garnet rim.
On the palate aromas of pomegranate, spices and flowers.
On the palate easy going with dark red fruits, soft tannins and medium aftertaste.