Proidl - Riesling Hochäcker Erste ÖTW Lage Kremstal DAC Reserve
Proidl - Riesling Hochäcker Erste ÖTW Lage Kremstal DAC Reserve (91 TSW)
What a treat with the sunny weather.
The physiologically fully ripe grapes are picked by hand in several passes from the end of October to the beginning of November, some of the grapes are pounded and left on the mash for 10 - 12 hours (maceration time). The slow fermentation in stainless steel promotes the aroma intensity.
In the glass a golden yellow color.
On the medium nose aromas of yellow plums, lemon and peach with hints of yeast, apple, honey and pineapple.
On the palate dry, medium bodied with medium(+) acidity and nicely integrated fruit. Light creamy and concentrated flavours that are a recall of the nose. Elegant and persistent finish. Great one!
Weingut Proidl is a traditional winery located in the municipality of Senftenberg, Kremstal where the Proidl name has existed since 1650. The estate is now run by the ninth generation of the family, Franz and Andrea Proidl. The vineyard area totals 20 hectares of vines in the Ehrenfels, Hochäcker, Pellingen, Pfenningberg and Rameln vineyards, most of which are located on steep, terraced hillsides. About 90% of the production is of white varietals including Grüner Veltliner, Riesling, Muscat and Chardonnay, with the other 10% being Zweigelt, St. Laurent, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.