Clos Fourtet - Saint-Émilion Grand Cru Grand Cru Classé 2005
Clos Fourtet - Saint-Émilion Grand Cru Grand Cru Classé 2005 (93 TSW)
Yesterday we had a Merlot battle at Vino&Friends Maastricht together with some winefriends. It was a blast. Everyone has to grab a bottle with which at least 80% of the wine had to contain Merlot. The Clos Fourtet with 98 Parker Points was the winner. Shame my bottle from Chateau Troplong Mondot 2005 with 100 Parker Points had a slight of oxidation.
The complete line-up was:
1) Chateau Troplong Mondot 2005
2) Clos Fourtet - Saint-Émilion Grand Cru 2005
3) Chateau Feytit Clinet pomerol 2016
4) Tua Rita Redigaffi 2015 and 2007
5) Poderi del Paradiso a filippo
6) Zyme - Sparkling wine Brut Classic method Pas Dosè Pinot Noir
7) Dom Perignon 2008
8) Peter Sölva - Amistar Bianco
Notes of the winning wine – Clos Fourtet 2005:
In the glass a rich and dark red colour.
On the nose very ripe cherries, cassis, hint of leather, mushrooms and low toasted oak.
On the palate dry, medium++ bodied with ripe tannins and medium acidity. Very nice, smooth and round in the mouth with a long persistent finish. Wow!
Tua Rita Redigaffi 2015 was very young but already very nice. Chateau Feytit Clinet Pomerol was also a very nice one. I have to find some bottles of that one. The Dom Perignon was a beautiful finish of this great wine evening.